Thursday, June 6, 2013

But That He May Have You Wholly for Himself

Andrew Murray

In Surrender.  Let Him have all.  Give up your life to be as full of Him, of His presence, His will, His service, as He can make it.  Give up yourself to Him, not to be saved from disobedience, that now you may be happy and live your own life without sinning and trouble.  No; but that He may have you wholly for Himself, as a vessel, as a channel, which He can fill with Himself, with His life and love for men, and be in His blessed service.


I am reading through Andrew Murray's "The School of Obedience" and am finding that I need to read it slowly and thoughtfully with pen and highlighter in hand, as his writing is rich and causes deep thought.  "Give up yourself, not to be saved from disobedience, that now you may be happy and live your own life without sinning and trouble"  That quote struck me and caused me to think about how my motives towards God have so often been self-centered, making efforts to give self up to be saved from disobedience, sin and trouble.  That is "all about me."  As I read "No; but that He may have you wholly for Himself" there is such peace and warmth in that, to fully "belong" to God in full surrender with none of "self" - just Him.

 Yes Lord, my desire is to be wholly Yours, Your vessel, a channel filled with You, with Your life and love for others, to be in Your blessed service.

Yes, there can be none of self in surrender and full obedience, it cannot be about me but it must be ALL about Him.

For a free copy of 
"The School of Obedience" audio and pdf 
click on the above picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...