Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sweet Daughter Turns Nineteen



Nineteen years ago we received the gift of our oldest daughter.  In so many ways it seems like such a short time ago and in others it seems like a lifetime ago.  The Lord knew exactly the person to give us as our first born, she has been the perfect blessing and challenge.  I add challenge, because I believe our children challenge the things in us that we need to examine and look at and change within ourselves, children are an exact mirror of us parents, after all   In addition this precious daughter of ours continues to inspire and challenge me in new ways as she grows older.  I look forward to this upcoming year with her, seeing what she will do and how she will grow and develop further in the things she takes on and in her heart.  I am grateful for her, she warms my heart.

Therefore, as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, walk in Him,  rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, overflowing with gratitude.
~Colossians 2:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...